cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is it possible to export label values and revision numbers using Gateway?

ptc-4671678
1-Newbie

Is it possible to export label values and revision numbers using Gateway?

Hi there,

Looking to upgrade to our Integrity server (currently at 10), and one of the features we want to use is the revisioning of items introduced in 10.1.

As far as I know the labels could not be exported to Word documents via the Gateway in version 10.

Does anyone know if the new major and minor revisions at the item level can be exported to Word docs? This would be extremely important to our workflow for both documents, and each content item within the documents, as we still rely heavily on the exported Word docs for distribution.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4671678)

Hi Christine,

the new revision feature includes not only the automated labels, but also an according

- short text field "Revision" (desc: The name of the most recent revision of this item, empty if the item has never been revisioned.)

and

- date fields "Revision Increment Date" (desc: The date of the delta associated with the most recent revision of this item, empty if this item has never been revisioned.)

They seem to be a kind of hard coded computed fields that cannot be modified by the admin.

As "Revision" is a normal short text field it can be used in a Gateway Export.

You must add it to the Mapping File e.g.

<field external="Revision" internal="Revision" direction="out"/>

<field external="Revision Increment Date" internal="Revision Increment Date" field-type="date-time" direction="out"/>

and of course in your MS Word Template,

Revision : <%{Revision}%> ( <%{Revision Increment Date}%> )

For me it works fine (using 10.4)

HTH

Matthias

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4671678)

Hi Christine,

the new revision feature includes not only the automated labels, but also an according

- short text field "Revision" (desc: The name of the most recent revision of this item, empty if the item has never been revisioned.)

and

- date fields "Revision Increment Date" (desc: The date of the delta associated with the most recent revision of this item, empty if this item has never been revisioned.)

They seem to be a kind of hard coded computed fields that cannot be modified by the admin.

As "Revision" is a normal short text field it can be used in a Gateway Export.

You must add it to the Mapping File e.g.

<field external="Revision" internal="Revision" direction="out"/>

<field external="Revision Increment Date" internal="Revision Increment Date" field-type="date-time" direction="out"/>

and of course in your MS Word Template,

Revision : <%{Revision}%> ( <%{Revision Increment Date}%> )

For me it works fine (using 10.4)

HTH

Matthias

Oh this is great news!!!

Thank you so much Matthias.

Hi Christine,

I had a question regarding your original post. When you wrote about major and minor revisions, you were not referring to the revision and the iteration were you?

We were asked to implement major and minor revisions into our configurations documents/drawings, and were were wondering if this is an out-of-box configuration, or if you had to customize this for your company?

If this is the case, and you have major and minor revisions integrated into the Configuration Management, we would really appreciate if you could give us an example, or some more information.

Thank you so much

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

We don't use Integrity for configuration management of source code. We just use the workflows & documents functionality, so I was referring to major/minor revisions on workflow and document items.

Hope that answers your question. If not...let me know!

Christine

Hi Christine,

I should clarify, we were looking more for the configuration of the documents. What kind of document items have the major/minor revisions on the workflows?

Could you point me to some documentation on the Workflows that have the major/minor revisions available, so that we could integrate these into our Workflows?

Thank you

Jenn

Top Tags