cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is there a way find out if the members on a devpath do not have the latest versions as their member revision ?

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

Is there a way find out if the members on a devpath do not have the latest versions as their member revision ?

trunk tips are not matching the member revision ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I had a sandbox pointing to that devpath my approach would be

si print --filter=changed:newer

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hell Hector Magnanao‌,

This could be achieved by making "Restrict New Revision Available" to True in Policies for Configuration Manager Admin client.

When_False.png

When_True.png

I hope this is what intended?

Hi Sathish,

I was looking more for a query or a CLI that would list out the files that has a new tip revision but not the member revision.

Thanks,

Hector

On a specific devpath.

If I had a sandbox pointing to that devpath my approach would be

this command works great !!! how would I display just the current member revision and the newest version on the tip ?

The following commands might be helpful templates for you

si print --recurse --revision=:memberbranchtip --filter=changed:newer --fields=memberrev,revision,membername,archivename --noHeaderFormat --noTrailerFormat

si print --recurse --revision=:trunktip --filter=changed:newer --fields=memberrev,revision,membername,archivename --noHeaderFormat --noTrailerFormat

Note that I have doubts how well these commands would compete for use cases like devpath of a devpath or manually

forced branches on checkin.

HTH Jürgen

Hi Jurgen,

I tried both queries above but I found a slight problem with them.  They only display the newer revisions only if they are in the same devpath.  They don't display the files that have a different version on a different devpath.  for example,  I have a devpath A and B.   I want to look at new versions on B and A respectively.  Is this possible to display ?

For handling 2 devpaths (not mainline and devpath) in this context I would prefer comparing complete project configurations

like following approach

c:\sandboxes\PRJ1_DP_A> si print -R  --revision=:member --fields=membername,revision,archivename --noHeaderFormat --noTrailerFormat > PRJ1_DP_A_conf.txt

c:\sandboxes\PRJ1_DP_B> si print -R  --revision=:member --fields=membername,revision,archivename --noHeaderFormat --noTrailerFormat > PRJ1_DP_B_conf.txt

...> si difffiles --gui c:\sandboxes\PRJ1_DP_B>PRJ1_DP_A_conf.txt c:\sandboxes\PRJ1_DP_B>PRJ1_DP_B_conf.txt

You might also use the output of si viewproject but I dont find this very diff friendly

Hi Klaus,

Is your command above comparing on 2 different devpaths ?  I'm trying to find the diffs on the same devpath.  How is this possible with your solution above ?  Please explain.

Thanks,

Hector

Klaus,

Thanks for your help.  Ignore my last question.  I think this is the correct command for me:

Thanks a lot,

Hector

Top Tags