cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is there a way to export an item's content to Microsoft Word using Gateway?

sbakki
5-Regular Member

The Item is not part of Document Model,i.e, the item is not a node or a segment

Is there a way to easily export an item's content to create a PDF?

9 REPLIES 9

Here is yes for MS-Word and No to PDF.

For making this process enable, go to this address (IntegrityClient10\config\gateway\edit\Microsoft Word) and create a .dotx format template.

Now go to Integrity Admin, select the item which you want to export and word templates, add that dotx file which you have created.

Now select item in integrity client-> Go to item menu -> Edit in word.

sbakki
5-Regular Member
(To:sagarwal-4)

Thank you for your inputs but I am unable to export it to word file

Regards,

Sudhakar

Hello,

The suggestion to use edit-in-word is fine, but here you cant save the word file ... so not that much helpful I would say.

We from PTC consulting see 2 options to achive your goals:

a) you can define a custom action (with a simple batch file behind) and run the gateway then item based.

b) you use the more enhanced "Custom Gateway" form, which will be just a better UI for the Gateway.

In both cases you will get a Word File with the item data in it.

If using the "Custom Gateway", you can also get a PDF then directly.

More input needed? Then just drop me a message here.

Volker

sbakki
5-Regular Member
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Thank you very much for your reply Volker

More inputs will definitely help me. We have the lot of data in Item's rich text fields like high resolution images, tables, hyperlinks, visio images, and so on...The Item itself is not part of document model. I was wondering whether it is possible to export Item's data to word using Gateway.

You indicated this is possible through "Custom Gateway". Does this mean I have to update both the Mapping file and Gateway Tool Configuration to include all the rich text fields of the Item?

Can you please confirm the below implementation will do the job?

(1) Editing and adding the fields in the mapping file(for example, export.xml) located under C:\Program Files\Integrity\IntegrityServer10\data\gateway\mappings
(2) Creating a new export template document say for example "export_template.docx" in C:\Program Files\Integrity\IntegrityServer10\data\public_html\gateway_templates\export\Microsoft Word to include the fields 
(3) Editing and adding a new export-configuration by linking the above created template document to newly created export configuration in gateway configuration file "gateway-tool-configuration.xml" located under C:\Program Files\Integrity\IntegrityServer10\data\gateway 

Appreciate your help

Thank you very much

Regards,

Sudhakar

Hello Sudhakar,

yes, this is the process, all this is Gateway standard.

Just for the last step, the execution, you can use either option a) = batch file, or b) = Custom Gateway.

This is because there is no standard menu for item-export-with-gateway.

Let me know if this answers.

Volker

sbakki
5-Regular Member
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

Thank yo for confirming the implementation. Can you please help me with creating the .bat file for item-export-with-gateway? or Can you please share the Custom Gateway setup information through email for item-export-with-gateway?

Thank you

Regards,

Sudhakar

Hello Sudhakar,

and about the batch file, if you want to go this route:

Check the User Guide for the Gateway, e.g. "GatewayUserGuide_10_9.pdf". In it you have the command 

Gateway export [--user=value] [--password=value] [--hostname=value]
[--port=value] [--config=value] [--file=value]
[--filterQueryDefinition=value][--[no]showParentage][--asOf=value]
[--silent] documentID...

This command you put into the custom menu batch file, and then you replace the values with the Intregrity environment variables:

MKSSI_USER=veckardt

MKSSI_PORT=7001
MKSSI_ISSUE0=163
MKSSI_WINDOW=issues
MKSSI_HOST=localhost

like --user=%MKSSI_USER%

The documentID should be the %MKSSI_ISSUE0%.

Does this help?

Volker

I think Report can also help if we have to export something to PDF. I have created some recipes and we can extract details in format like PDF, Excel.

we can save the word file with F12, when we use edit word..

Hope this may be hepful.

Top Tags