cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is there a way to set double click to open document items as documents?

rlyvers
4-Participant

Is there a way to set double click to open document items as documents?

I seem to recall there being a way to double click on a document, and not have it open the Item View. Am I remembering correctly, and if so where do I set the setting.

I have looked in several locations, and can't seem to find any options supporting.

Currently using the Integrity 10.3 client.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:rlyvers)

Hello Randy,

That was once possible, in a certain context, but no longer is.

There is an enhancement request (RFC 456155/CS92337) to provide this functionality, although there does not seem to be much demand for this functionality at the moment. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to associate your organization with this enhancement request.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Randy,

That was once possible, in a certain context, but no longer is.

There is an enhancement request (RFC 456155/CS92337) to provide this functionality, although there does not seem to be much demand for this functionality at the moment. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to associate your organization with this enhancement request.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

It used to be possible at least in the "All Documents" view and it was great.

Why it was removed and why more users aren't reporting this is a mystery to me. What is the default behavior most document users want, is it to open the item or the document?

In my experience, most users who work with documents do just that and don't care much about opening the item.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Randy,

Did this answer your question, or did you need more information?

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

rlyvers
4-Participant

This was the correct answer, and I have contacted PTC Support. Just really dissappointing. Usability is really important. Focusing on reducing keystrokes and mouse clicks is one of the best ways to improve productivity. Ctrl-Shift-V certainly enables, but this is a pretty non-standard approach, and I really don't understand why "Enter" and 'Double Mouse Click" can't just do the right thing for the type of item being selected.

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

There is another RfC with a similar reqirement: RfC 158243 (C11010585). Case subject is: "Pressing "Enter" should open a attachment that has been selected in the list of Documents attached to an item." Maybe you could be added to this case too...

kind regards, Jens

Top Tags