cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Knowledge Base in MKS 2009

dkhosla
1-Newbie

Knowledge Base in MKS 2009

Hi,

Is a knowledge base created when i create a request in MKS 2007 or higher version?

I am currenlty using MKS 2007 and MKS 2009..I want a system where in the users enters the subject of the case and all the logged cases with similar words appear so that the user does not create a duplicate ticket and takes help from the previous ticket to resolve it..Or if i have a knowledge base of all the tickets and the user can search similar tickets by entering a keyword.

Please help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Deepika,

Some of the functionality you describe can be found by using the "full text search" feature in 2009 and up. (I have never used 2007, so I am not sure if the functionality is in 2007 or not). There is also a feature in version 10.1 which can force users to perform a "duplicate item" check before saving a new item, so that might also be worth investigating.

I would recommend opening a case with PTC support for some recommendations for your particular scenario.

Hope that helps,

Matt

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Deepika,

Some of the functionality you describe can be found by using the "full text search" feature in 2009 and up. (I have never used 2007, so I am not sure if the functionality is in 2007 or not). There is also a feature in version 10.1 which can force users to perform a "duplicate item" check before saving a new item, so that might also be worth investigating.

I would recommend opening a case with PTC support for some recommendations for your particular scenario.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Top Tags