cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

MKS Client DateFormat has changed

jdcc
1-Newbie

MKS Client DateFormat has changed

Hello,

The datetime format of my client has changed, this does not reflect with the database since the datetime format using webclient is normal. Can you please help on how to change this?

Untitled.png

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:jdcc)

Hi!

What has changed? By default, the GUI uses the locale of the local computer, so I suspect the locale of your workstation has changed. If you are not an admin, then I would ask the system administrators about that. The Integrity administrators may not be the same users, and may not have access to the system level resources.

It does seem odd to me that no year is visible in the date portion of the string.

[Added at 2:50 EDT]

From the Integrity 2009 SP7 release notes, I see that there were some changes made in Integrity 2009 SP5

Upgrading from 2007 to 2009 - MKS Integrity Client 2009 JVM uses language code of host machine

If you are upgrading from MKS Integrity 2007, it is important to note that the MKS Integrity Client 2009 JVM now automatically uses the language code of the host machine. If you want to set a different language as the default, you must manually edit the following file:

<client installdir>/bin/IntegrityClient.lax

To change the default setting, you must explicitly set the property for -Duser.language found under LAX.NL.JAVA.OPTION.ADDITIONAL and then restart the MKS Integrity Client. For example, to explicitly use English as the default language for the MKS Integrity Client, you must set -Duser.language=en.

Important: The language setting also affects the date format that is applied to timestamps for recording changes in MKS Integrity. To ensure that the date format remains consistent after upgrading from the 2007 release, you should set the value for -Duser.language to the same setting that was used with the 2007 client.

To test that, I did the following:

lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Xss256k -Xmx256m -Djava.library.path="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MKS\\IntegrityClient2009sp7b9665\\bin" -DdefaultFont=true -Dmks.install=client -Dmks.installDir="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MKS\\IntegrityClient2009sp7b9665" -Dsun.swing.enableImprovedDragGesture -Dawt.dnd.drag.threshold="5" -DDnD.gestureMotionThreshold="5" -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Duser.language=de

This gave me German date formatting (25.04.2013) instead of English style date formatting (14-Mar-2013).

I am still curious to know what date format yoru server is currently using.

Regards,

-K

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags