cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

MKS Migration Tool (RMT) - ClearCase to Integrity Migration

akadam
6-Contributor

MKS Migration Tool (RMT) - ClearCase to Integrity Migration

Hello!

I couldn't find any information around RMT in community, I am not sure if there is any separate location.

Background - We are implementing Integrity as replacement for ClearCase Configuration Management. We are using RMT for migrating (Importing) ClearCase VOB into Integrity Source Projects.

Issue - There are several configuration files (xslt) available with RMT for mapping Source to Destination field mapping, or setting up rules for file types etc. We are stuck with specific data element available on Custom Tab of ClearCase member (file). This ClearCase Custom Tab has hyperlinks field where we have all linked ClearQuest tickets associated with file changes (versions). Somehow I am not finding way to configure RMT to tell how and where to import this Custom Tab hyperlinks into Integrity Source Projects.

I am sure this is very common case, and someone might have done this before. I am hoping to get some help from community before I expore last option of going to PTC/MKS service team for solution.

Thanks in advance for reading my post, let me know if you need more information to understand the problem.

-Adhik

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Adhik,

In Source Integrity, you can add custom attributes to the members using the attributes tab of the member information view in the gui or by using the "si addmemberattr" cli command. You can find more info about the details in the Source Integrity CLI guide pdf for your version of Integrity.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with RMT so I can't provide more specific guidance than that. When we imported our data from SVN to Integrity we used commandline scripts to add the most up to date versions of the files to the Integrity trunk and didn't bring across any commit history or member attributes.

Another option is to open up a support case with PTC and see if they have any information on what you are trying to do.

Hope that helps,

Matt

akadam
6-Contributor
(To:matt_giltaji)

Thanks Matt,

Attributes tab is at member level, and CC custom tab stores values at each revision of member (like link to Change Request that initiated one or multiple members modification).

Also in our case, we need entire history (transactions) and just main latest for some technical purposes. With history import, need the value of custom tab hyperlink as well.

Yes I will be opening case with support, and this was just attempt to see if I can get a step forward before involving support.

Thanks & Regards

Adhik

Top Tags