cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

MKS client installation under Linux

sguo
1-Newbie

MKS client installation under Linux

hello!

I'm trying to install a MKS client bin in my Ubuntu 14.04 linux OS, but I can't tell if it installed or not. A complete log of the installation as follows:

$./mksclient.bin -i console

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
strings: '/lib/libc.so.6': No such file

Launching installer...

=======================================================

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

=======================================================

Can someone tell me where can I find a detailed installation manual somewhere? Many thanks!

-Shijia

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:sguo)

Hi Shijia,

Check out this public knowledge article, which is likely related to this error you are getting, when you're attempting to install;

Runtime dependencies for Integrity Client on 64-bit Linux systems

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS118499&lang=en_US

The actual client is 32-bit, so certain 32-bit libraries are required on your Linux machine.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hello Shijia Guo‌,

Did Michael Chatel's answer help?  If not, what information are you still looking to clarify?  Please let us know so that we can assist you.

If Michael Chatel‌'s answer did help, could you click the Correct Answer button at the bottom of his post?  This lets us know that his answer was correct.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags