cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

MS word integration, any experienced user ?

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

MS word integration, any experienced user ?

MS word integration, any experienced user ? (migrated thread) Posted: Jun 17, 2008 6:57 AM

andreas.ulbricht2     Posts: 47   Registered: Nov, 2007

I've tried to import requirements into MKS integrity using the MS word integration. I was successful in importing something, but the structure of the imported content differs strongly from what I want to have. I have tried integration using the RM solution templates, and I did not succeed using the buttons described in the integrations builder guide. My impression is that documentation is absolutely incomplete. Is there anyone who has experience with the word integration and can send me example files, from which I can see how to structure the word content in order to get structured items imported into MKS integrity.
Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: Jun 18, 2008 4:43 PM
Posted By:   jlittle     Posts: 1 /  Registered: Apr, 2007  
The two Document Structure Definitions that we ship with the MS Word Integration provide a general-case import structure that will work for most users.  Some details about each DSD follow.

The "RQ 2007 Document Structure Definition" DSD is a non-condensing template, which means that every new paragraph, list bullet, etc is treated as a new requirement.

The "RQ 2007 Document Structure Definition (condensing text) DSD is a condensing template that looks for changes in the outline level of the document to indicate headers and nested positions of requirements. The condensing DSD does require headings to be present to separate the requirements.  If your document is importing as a single requirement, you may want to check your outline levels. (See the MS Word help information about outlining for more information).

If you still aren't able to get your documents importing in the way that you're expecting, can you please elaborate on what it's doing/not doing that is not expected.  Alternatively, you can always open up a service request with MKS Customer Care and we can help you further.

Jeremy Little
MKS Customer Care Representative

Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: Jun 19, 2008 3:19 AM
Posted By:   andreas.ulbricht2     Posts: 47 /  Registered: Nov, 2007  
Thanks for you comment. I have already installed more then two different templates all distributed by MKS company. I also tried to structure a word document as described in Integrations Builder Guide as well as in MSWordIntegrationUserGuide. Unfortunately the result differed from what is promised in these manuals. It looks like the documentation is incomplete.
The easiest way would be to provide an example MSword-doc or docx file that works with the mentioned DSD, so I can learn the required word structure from this example file. The info about existing DSDs really doesn't help me, I tried these DSDs before and didn't get a satisfying result using the documentation that is present for these DSDs and the word integration.

Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: Jun 26, 2008 1:17 PM
Posted By:   alew     Posts: 65 /  From: MKS Inc. - Waterloo, ON, CANADA /  Registered: Jan, 2006  
Hello Andreas,

At this point, it would be best if you open a new Service Request with MKS Customer Care so we can further assist. Please send us an email at support@mks.com or call +49.711.351775.7575.

Regards,

--
Alan Lew
Sr. Technical Support Representative
MKS Customer Care

Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: Jul 2, 2008 1:31 PM
Posted By:   sue.retzer     Posts: 33 /  From: Denver CO /  Registered: Jan, 2007  
I worked with MKS Support to integrate with Excel. They were great and I ended up having to totally re-write the template - but it works like a charm now!

Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: May 7, 2012 1:16 PM
Posted By:   Alice.Liang     Posts: 4 /  Registered: May, 2012  
Where is the MS Word help information about outlining located?

Thanks!

Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: May 16, 2012 2:49 PM
Posted By:   mlizak     Posts: 72 /  Registered: Feb, 2011  
Hello Alice,

In what context are you looking for information about outlining?

Current versions of Integrity use the Gateway interface rather than the older MS Word Integration, so your question may not be relevant to this topic. If you are using the Gateway interface instead of the MS Word Integration with Integrity, please feel free to elaborate in a new post.

Regards,
Kael

Re: MS word integration, any experienced user ? Posted: Nov 7, 2008 4:17 PM
Posted By:   sue.retzer     Posts: 33 /  From: Denver CO /  Registered: Jan, 2007  
andreas, If you contact support they can walk you through how to get this running. You have to customize the template, but it isn't very intuitive. The documentation leaves a lot out of what you need to do... I was able to get the integration to work once I got Support involved.. They were very good at explaining what had to happen and all that...
Sue

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags