cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTC Jenkins Plugin - Volunteers?

rlloyd
1-Newbie

PTC Jenkins Plugin - Volunteers?

We're looking to kick off a new project to revise the PTC Jenkins plugin and we'd like strong participation on this open source project from our customers, with oversight and guidance from PTC as well as to identify core product changes that would enhance the plugin in the future.

If you are interested in participating in this project or know someone in your organization that has the skills to participate, please let me know. We'd like individuals who can contribute use cases, development of the plugin, documentation and testing.

7 REPLIES 7
pmerkle
5-Regular Member
(To:rlloyd)

Hi Ryan,

I know that Cletus D'Souza (-) is or has been involved in developing the PTC Jenkins adaptor.

Regards,

Peter

smccoy
1-Newbie

Can you provide a description of the "Jenkins Plugin" and the reason for using it?

Nevermind... I found it in the other thread.

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Ryan,

is this honestly the only result off your interviews regarding Jenkins usage ans support from last year? A call for volunteers? That's kind of sad....

Nevertheless I'll keep up with my support for the Jenkins plugin, as we simple need it.

"core product changes that would enhance the plugin in the future" ; from the top of my head that would be:

- a FAST command or any other simple way (maybe a "--recurse" option for the "si projectco" command) to fetch the entire (and/or filtered) content of a source project without the need of a sandbox.

- a FAST command that can tell the project differences between any two arbitrary timestamps (e.g. "now" and "the last time I ran this jenkins job") - this would help the polling usecase a lot.

rlloyd
1-Newbie

Matthias,

This is good feedback. Regarding your second core product change, have you looked at the "si projectcpdiff" that was updated in Integrity 10.6? It includes the capability to view operations that occurred between two checkpoints as well as two timestamp labels. We put an emphasis in the last year at trying to improve some of the core capabilities so that we can enable some of the Jenkins use cases. Our next step is to try and facilitate some collaboration on enhancing / revising the Jenkins plugin in coordination with some customers.

Here is the link to the CLI docs for 10.6 that detail the "si projectcpdiff" command.

I'll keep you in the loop on the formation of the customer working group for this topic.

Regards,

Ryan

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

si projectdiff in the 10.6 CLI Reference for Configuration management.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks!

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Ryan,

When I got my hand on 10.6 that "si projectcpdiff" command was the first feature i tried out. It took me 5 minutes to find out that we cannot use it (see case 12370252 for details ) as it currently cannot handle shared build sub-projects properly.

In the context of Jenkins this has two major drawbacks:

- it strongly depends on the use of checkpoints

- you cannot utilize (find out) pending revisions ; e.g for a jenkins pre intregration build step, that compiles and unit tests all checked in changes before they can be committed.

Top Tags