cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Rename development path

fpastano
1-Newbie

Rename development path

Hello,

is it possible to rename a development path?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:fpastano)

Hello Fabio,

It is not possible to rename a development path, due to auditability requirements. You can effectively do this going forward by creating a branch of the current development path from the tip of the current one, and giving that new development path the new name.  In Integrity Lifecycle Manager 10.8, it will be possible to mark the old development path as inactive so that no further changes can be made against it, which would effectively give you the same functionality, while preserving the auditability of the process.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thank you for the answer.

The problem is that I refer to a particular checkpoint, and with your solution I would have a X.X.X.X.1.1 name, if I understood well.

My hope was to keep the same checkpoint and to simply rename the dev path (to fix a simple typo error). 

If the rename is absolutely not possible (also for administrator), I will evaluate your solution.

Thank you again

Best regards,

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:fpastano)

Hello Fabio Pastano,

Your understanding is correct.  Alternatively, you could create a new dev path off the parent line, and then migrate tip of the old dev path to the new one, so that instead of X.X.X.X.1.1, you'd get X.X.X+n.2 ("X+n" because there might have been dev paths created between the old named one and the new one from the same branch point, and "2" because "1" will be a copy of X.X, and "2" will be the checkpoint after you've propagated X.X.X.X to X.X.X+n.1 and taken another checkpoint).

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks again

Top Tags