cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Renaming user names in MKS Domain

DanR.
10-Marble

Renaming user names in MKS Domain

Is it possible to rename a user name using MKS Domain? If so how...? We use MKS Integrity 2009.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:ssaul)

I have since discovered that you need to run two commands to make this happen.

Part 1 - Renaming user

im edituser --name=<new_LoginID> --hostname=<hostname (if needed)> <old_LoginID>

Example:

im edituser --name=joe.e.schmoe.civ --hostname=mks joe.schmoe

Part 2 - Create new MKS domain user

integrity createmksdomainuser --fullname="<Full_Name>" --loginID=<loginID> --hostname=<hostname> --email=<email_address> --userPassword=<password>

Example:

integrity createmksdomainuser --fullname="Schmoe, Joe E." --loginID=joe.e.schmoe.civ --hostname=mks --email=joe.e.schmoe@xyz.com --userPassword=X#%Yz12*34$RF (The ampersand '&' cannot be used in a password when using the CLI).

It should be noted that on page 157 of the MKS Integrity Server 2009 Administration CLI Reference Guide it states "IMPORTANT: The Login ID cannot be edited after the user is created. To change the Login ID, the user must be deleted from the domain and created using a different Login ID."

I've learn that if you rename the user with the "im edituser" command and then create the user with the "integrity createmksdomainuser" command you will retain their settings such as queries and reports that the user created. If you followed the MKS instructions by deleting a user before rename it all their setting would be lost.

This was the best solution for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:DanR.)

We had the same issue in 2004 and reported it to MKS.

Their info was "For the system, this is a new user. You have to add it as new user".

This is somehow inconvenient if a name changes, f.e. by wedding....

We still do not have a solution for this.

DanR.
10-Marble
(To:ssaul)

I have since discovered that you need to run two commands to make this happen.

Part 1 - Renaming user

im edituser --name=<new_LoginID> --hostname=<hostname (if needed)> <old_LoginID>

Example:

im edituser --name=joe.e.schmoe.civ --hostname=mks joe.schmoe

Part 2 - Create new MKS domain user

integrity createmksdomainuser --fullname="<Full_Name>" --loginID=<loginID> --hostname=<hostname> --email=<email_address> --userPassword=<password>

Example:

integrity createmksdomainuser --fullname="Schmoe, Joe E." --loginID=joe.e.schmoe.civ --hostname=mks --email=joe.e.schmoe@xyz.com --userPassword=X#%Yz12*34$RF (The ampersand '&' cannot be used in a password when using the CLI).

It should be noted that on page 157 of the MKS Integrity Server 2009 Administration CLI Reference Guide it states "IMPORTANT: The Login ID cannot be edited after the user is created. To change the Login ID, the user must be deleted from the domain and created using a different Login ID."

I've learn that if you rename the user with the "im edituser" command and then create the user with the "integrity createmksdomainuser" command you will retain their settings such as queries and reports that the user created. If you followed the MKS instructions by deleting a user before rename it all their setting would be lost.

This was the best solution for me.

Top Tags