cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Resetting branches

ptc-5351325
1-Newbie

Resetting branches

Hi All,

We implimented requirement within Integrity before we fully understood the way that branching works within the system. During the migration of requirements, we created temporary holding areas before branching these to our main product.

Now that the holding areas have been removed, we have a number of items which have a "Root ID" which is incorrect and inaccessable.

What I'd like to do is to unlink all items in my main product area from their parent branch and reset the Root ID field to the current ID. This would help us branch correctly in the future. Is there anyway of doing this through the UI, CLI or API? (API is preferred due to the number of items that will need to be checked).

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Rich

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5351325)

Hello Rich,

At first glance, a colleague of mine suggests that this shouldn't be too difficult with the API: just loop through the relevant items and check if the parent ID exists and if not, then chane it to a new ID by following some relationship or use some sort of mapping. You can't do this from the UI, and probably can't do this from the CLI either (except by invoking something that uses the API). You probably *can* do this from a trigger, but I'm not up to speed on which beans you would want to do this with.

This is the sort of thing that Support would recommend you call services for if you don't already know how to do it. If you had particular specific questions about how to do this, we could probably help, but providing instructions on how to use beans (trigger or otherwise) to perform a task is outside of our scope.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks Kael,

I'm not too familiar with Triggers, but I do have a fair amount of experience with the Java API and with JavaBeans in general. I'll take a look on out test system and will see if this is indeed possible using a trigger.

Cheers!

Rich

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hi Rich,

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Rich,

Did that help, or are you still facing challenges here?

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags