cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Restore default client settings

mbecker-2
1-Newbie

Restore default client settings

Hi everybody,

I errorneously configured a heap value in my Integrity Client that is obviously too big and which resulted in a "Could not create Java VM" error message. As the client does not start anymore, I'd appreciate any help that could tell me where this value can be changed without starting the client (registry, configuration file, ...) or tell me how to restore the client defaults without deinstallation.

Regards,

Markus

6 REPLIES 6
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:mbecker-2)

Hello Markus

under %userprofile% you have the file IntegrityClient.rc.

You can rename/ delete (with Client closed) and defaults will be created after Client restart.

Regards

Hi Thierry,

thanks for the hint. Unfortunately the error message remains:
"Can't launch executable. Could not create Java VM. LaunchAnywhere Error"

There have been no changes on my side, except for some memory settings.

Regards,

Markus

Hi Markus,

I guess you could check <client install dir>\bin\IntegrityClient.lax

There you normally configure the heap for your JVM.

(search for something like "-Xss256k -Xmx256m"...)

Better you have a look at the performance tuning guide (I just have the old 2007 version available at hand),  search for the chapter with the Client tuning.

Regards

Heike

Hi Heike,

thanks for the info. That's the file I needed.

Regards,

Markus

Markus,

Please let us know how this works for you, and if you require any additional help.

Hi Jeremy,

as I was in a bit of a rush I reinstalled the client before I received the final answer.

Comparing the values in the lax file and my client the lax-file is definitely the place to change the values for the memory consumption. The keyword in the lax file that is needed is LAX.NL.JAVA.OPTION.ADDITIONAL.

I marked the questions as being solved.

Top Tags