cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Restricting IBPL entries to current project

pnewhook
8-Gravel

Restricting IBPL entries to current project

I've created a document type called a Product Structure, and items within the product structure are the product structure elements.  The idea is that when the user creates a functional requirement, he can assign it to one of the product structure elements.  

So in the requirements item I have an IBPL that points to the defined items in the product structure.  Works great and is really flexible.

But I would like to restrict the IBPL items that are displayed to the current project only.  It is never acceptable for a requirements document to assign requirements to another products product structure elements.  

Can anyone suggest how to do this?  I've played with creating filters on the IBPL field, but cannot see how to filter on current project. if that is not possible I'm ok with associating the product structure document to the requirements document through a Relationship or Attachment, but didn't see how to set that up on a filter. Anything that restricts the items on the IBPL dropdown to something smaller than every element defined.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Awesome! Works perfectly.  Thanks for the pointer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Perry,

this topic should be solveable like we have configured the Test Objective pick field in the Test Session type in ALM .

There, you need to pick a project first, and then you can see the TOs in this project only.

Take a look at the constraint there.

Does this help?

Volker

Awesome! Works perfectly.  Thanks for the pointer

Edit: is the solution the "IBPL Contraints"? In the Administration Guide the example describes exactly the constraint of an IBPL field per project...

Top Tags