cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Retrieving Information from Multiple Traces

kschwarz
1-Newbie

Retrieving Information from Multiple Traces

Hello,

While exporting requirements via Gateway, I am currently able to retrieve information from one type of traced item by specifying a trace definition in the Wizard Configuration File (for example: <property name="traceDefinition">Requirement:Satisfied By</property> allows to me get all information from items linked to the requirement via a "Satisfied By" trace). However, I can't figure out how to pull information from more than one kind of trace. Say a requirement has both "Satisfied By" and "Modelled By" trace links. How can I retrieve data from both of these traces?

Thanks in advance!

Katie

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:kschwarz)

Hello Katie Schwarz,

Could you post the mapping file and Microsoft Word export template you are using to do this?

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Kael Lizak,

Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded a simple Word template (Sample.docx), as well as the mapping file (Trace_Matrix.xml).

Here is the pertinent excerpt from the Wizard configuration file:

<export-config>

<name>Requirement Traceability</name>

<description>An exporter that exports a trace matrix using a Requirement Specification Document. It traces using the Satisfied By, Modelled By and Verified By fields.</description>

<exporter class="com.ptc.services.gateway.exporter.word.WordExport">

<property name="template">../config/gateway/export/Microsoft Word/Sample.docx</property>

<property name="type">Requirement</property>

<property name="traceDefinition">Requirement:Satisfied By</property>

</exporter>

<extension>docx</extension>

<gateway-configuration-name>Trace Matrix</gateway-configuration-name>

</export-config>

With what I am sharing with you, the Context IDs of Designs that are linked to a Requirement via a "Satisfied By" trace print out since I have <property name="traceDefinition">Requirement:Satisfied By</property> in the Wizard Configuration file. How can I add the "Modelled By" and "Verified By" traces to that, so the Context IDs of Designs (linked to the requirement with a "Satisfied By"), Model Elements (linked with "Modelled By"), and Tests (linked with "Verified By") are all printed out?

Thanks,

Katie

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:kschwarz)

Hi Katie Schwarz,

It looks like you're using an exporter supplied by our Global Services Team as opposed to the one provided out-of-the-box.  I'll try to track down someone internally who knows anything about that exporter--I'm not familiar with it myself.

Having said that, it might be faster for you to get directly in touch with the engineer that provided that parser to your organization.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

I believe this is Volker Eckardt's custom gateway export.  It should have no issue exporting a variety of different trace relationships but would depend on the version that you have today as he continues to make enhancements.  It would not surprise me if he chimes in here at some point as he is active in the community. 

Kael Lizak‌  - if you want to set this up on your test system you will need some jar files that are necessary and some code from Volker to test this out. 

Top Tags