cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

SI command to compare remote and local file changes without MKS GUI

srathinam
1-Newbie

SI command to compare remote and local file changes without MKS GUI

Hi Team,

We have integrated MKS Integrity client in our product. Need to generate report out of file changes by using MKS SI command.

Please let me know the command to compare remote and local file changes without MKS GUI.  I have tried to used "DIFF" command without gui but i am not sure where the files checked out in the filesystem. And i don't want to overwrite the local file changes also while checkout the file. Please let me know how to proceed further.Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Provided that your file/member of interest resides withing the tree of a registered sandbox

there should be no need to check out files for your use case.

REM compare local member.c to current revision
c:\sandbox\prj1\src> si diff member.c
REM compare local member.c to revision 1.2
c:\sandbox\prj1\src> si diff -r 1.2 member.c
REM compare revision 1.2 and revision 1.3 of member.c
c:\sandbox\prj1\src> si diff -r 1.2 -r 1.3 member.c

Regards Juergen

BTW:

I dont know what you mean by "but i am not sure where the files checked out in the filesystem".

Isn't this essential for finding out local changes?

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your response. Actually we need to generate report by comparing different file revision. What's changed in the local fileSystem(Integrated MKS in eclipse and editing it before checkin) and remote version.

For diff command i must know the revision number to compare. How will i get only revision version number out of the file?.

Thanks.

If I'm guessing right you want to have the working revision in terms of INTEGRITY.

(BTW: This is only available if you have a sandbox)

The most simple method to memorize would be:

si viewsandbox member.c

This also outputs the working revision number.

Unfortunately the output of this command is rather for human reading than for parsing.

The following command should output only working revision number:

si rlog --revision=:working --format="{workingrev}" --noHeaderFormat --noTrailerFormat member.c

Regards

Juergen

BTW: I'm on Integrity 10.4

Hi Klaus,

Finally i found the below query to get latest member revision with file information.

si viewrevision

But i am getting exception when i ran throw Java API like "MKS124814: Cannot show view information: View is unsupported in the Integration API".

Please guide how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Unfortunatly I have no experience with "Integration API" (and I'm no PTC staff), I use SI commands only through the command line interface.

Top Tags