cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

[SI] disabling keyword-expanding for a special member

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

[SI] disabling keyword-expanding for a special member

Hi @all,

how can i disable keyword-expanding for a special member? Changing the member to "binary" isn't really an option...

Thanks, Jens

5 REPLIES 5
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:JensN.)

Hi Jens

I don't know any option member based. AFAIK the preference is only command based.

As workaround depending on your use case, you could write a script to do the checkin or check-out where based on the file name or location you use the proper command switch --(un)expand.

HTH

Kind Regards

Thierry

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:tdalon)

Hi Thierry,

thanks for your answer, and sadly i was expecting an answer like this already

It seems that we will have a client with many many icons for custom actions, because we always have to do some workarounds, writing wrappers to extend Integrity functionality and so on.

kind regards, Jens

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Jens,

I'm guessing this is because you're getting a keyword in the file from some other system, and don't want Integrity to expand it?

I've combed through RFCs relating to keyword expansion, and haven't found anything that quite covers the case you are describing. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to open a ticket for an enhancement request to cover this functionality. I suspect it's something that has been reported a few times, but each time it's reported, the customer contact involved doesn't want to "go through the trouble" of providing background for the RFC.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
LLawton
14-Alexandrite

It just so happens I had to look into it a few days ago and what I found out is that keyword expansion/unexpansion doesn't work well (at least in my case, and not at all for $Log$ by the way. And yes, I did open a ticket with PTC support ;-).

Without details about your scenario but just in case though: instead of writing special code, can you simply not use keywords in that special member? Is it an option or is it automatically generated somewhere?

If that's he case, I really do think it's worth registering an RFC for that.

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Hi @all,

thanks, i will contact our Supporters to open a RfC for this.

kind regards, Jens

Top Tags