cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Some licensing issues

isodius
7-Bedrock

Some licensing issues

Hi,

Newbie here, and the PTC communities search engine doesn't return useful results for me. So, my goal is to install PTC Integrity on a VM running XP SP3 with 3 GB of RAM. All pre-requites are already running on the VM.

I used the flexnet provided with the Integrity media. Unzipped the flexnet.zip file, and run the setup.bat. And finally I have a lmadmin Windows service running. I can connect the Flexnet web interface.

If I run "netstat -ano", I see the port 27000 is open and listening.

Before the Flexnet installation, I first put the license.dat file in the "Docs & Settings\<my user account>" folder. And in the Flexnet folder, there is a licenses\MKS\license.dat file.

If I go to the web interface -> Dashboard, I see the following message: "No such feature or vendor does not exist: MKS".

Then, if I go to the web interface -> Administration -> Vendor Daemons, I see my MKS license in the stopped state. By clicking the Administer button, I see my license file path seems correct. The Vendor Daemon Location is blank (critical ?).

Finally, if I click to Start, I get: Vendor daemon executable doesn't exist. So, obviously, I need thid daemon but the Integrity installation manual is pretty light regarding what this daemon is exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
isodius
7-Bedrock
(To:isodius)

Hi all.

The issue has been fixed, it was a mistake in the MAC address. Everything runs now fine.

Thanks to all of you for the help.

romuald

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi IT Sodius,

I would recommend opening up a case with Support so that they can troubleshoot this with you.

Theycould hop on a phone call or webex and get this resolved much more quickly than the forums.

Hope that helps,

Matt

awalsh
17-Peridot

In the location where the lmadmin.exe is installed, do you also have the files MKS.exe and lmutil.exe?

If not, copy the MKS.exe and lmutil.exe files from the flexnet.zip (they are in the bin subdirectory after you extract the contents) to the lmadmin.exe install directory.

If that doesn't work, then as Matt suggests, opening a case with Support would be the best option.

regards,

Ann

isodius
7-Bedrock

Hi Matt and Ann,

Thanks for your help. Indeed the MKS.exe and lmutil.exe were not present in the flexnet folder. So I put them in the same location as lmadmin.exe

Then, I both tried to set MKS.exe and lmutil.exe in the vendor daemon field, then tried to start. Finally I got some red message saying the daemon did not start.

Next step: asking support.

Thanks again.

romuald

I agree with Matt and Ann, this is a better instance for a support case. The support team can usually fix licencing issues very quickly.

isodius
7-Bedrock

Hi all.

The issue has been fixed, it was a mistake in the MAC address. Everything runs now fine.

Thanks to all of you for the help.

romuald

Top Tags