cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Source Integrity - Sharing an archive fails because member is at exp. However member is not at exp.

mlegge
1-Newbie

Source Integrity - Sharing an archive fails because member is at exp. However member is not at exp.

A co-worker of mine has run into the following issue.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Integrity 10, Windows 7

Thanks

Mel

I have a project with a main branch and a variant branch.  Subsequent to the branch taking place, new files were added to the main branch that now need to be added to the variant branch.  When I View Project Differences the new files are indicated as dropped members in the variant branch.  The procedure I followed to try to add the new files is:

1 – I physically copied the files to the appropriate location in the variant branch sandbox

2 – I selected Add Members on the variant sandbox

3 – I selected Add File

4 – I browsed to the file to be added in the variant sandbox and selected it

5 – I clicked finish on the Add Members Wizard

6 – I clicked OK to create archive

7 – I selected share archive – this is the one I need because these are the same files that must exist in both the main and variant branches.

8 – When I click OK I get the following error message:

<filename>:MKS125475: You are not permitted to lock a revision whose current state is Exp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:mlegge)

The error message appears if there are LockStates set in the Configuration Management policies.  When adding an existing member, sharing the archive, the member is branched.  This branch briefly puts a lock on the head revision.  In this case, the head revision is in a state that does not allow locks.

There are three options:

• Remove or change the lock states defined
  • Promote the member in the main branch to a state that allows locks
  • Use "Add From Archive" to add the member.  In this case, the member is not branched, so no lock is needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:mlegge)

The error message appears if there are LockStates set in the Configuration Management policies.  When adding an existing member, sharing the archive, the member is branched.  This branch briefly puts a lock on the head revision.  In this case, the head revision is in a state that does not allow locks.

There are three options:

• Remove or change the lock states defined
  • Promote the member in the main branch to a state that allows locks
  • Use "Add From Archive" to add the member.  In this case, the member is not branched, so no lock is needed.
mlegge
1-Newbie
(To:awalsh)

Thank you.  My coworker has gone with option 3 and it seems to be working well.

Top Tags