cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify which Word Style to be used by Publisher in Sections, Titles and Properties

Specify which Word Style to be used by Publisher in Sections, Titles and Properties

Today, there is no way to change which Word Styles Publisher will use when publishing the document.

It would be really nice if we could specify which Word Style to be used when publishing a section, title or property.

For example, in my company, there is a tradition to have dedicated Word Styles for requirements identification and another Word Style for requirements statement. Like this, we can give some highlight on requirements in the document (different colors, formatting, etc).

Today, I cannot generate Word documents from Publisher that are in line with this tradition (and well spread all over the world), so I have a big manual effort to be done after document generation.

3 Comments
Aquamarine

Hi Wagner,

Thanks for the suggestion - this is already possible in the latest version of Modeler.

Refer to the Help topic "Creating and customizing Publisher styles" which explains how it is accomplished.

Note that there is an error in the path to the file "ArtisanPublisher.exe.config" - this file is now stored in the ‘%programdata%\PTC Integrity Modeler\Publisher directory.

regards,

Patrick

Visitor

Hi Patrick,

That was not exactly what I had in mind. I already use my custom Publisher style, but I still miss something. For instance, I would like to have a particular property of a particular object to be published using a particular style of my Word template. Today, I don't know how to do it using custom Publisher styles. Just as an example, imagine that I have requirements in my model. I want to publish the name of the requirements using a 'Req_ID' style and the description of the requirements using a 'Req_Text' style. These styles are present in my Word style, but I don't know how to tell Publisher to use them when publishing those properties.

Best regards

Wagner

Aquamarine

hi Wagner,

Thanks for the clarification and yes we don't currently provide this level of style control.

We do have this requirement already in our system (ID is ART11-2801098) and are considering for a future release.

One of your colleagues at Alstom previously requested this in a Support case (CAS-03496-KMY9SN)

regards,

Patrick