cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Stopping processes instead of server restart?

sknopp
1-Newbie

Stopping processes instead of server restart?

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a less harsh way to deal with memory issues than restarting the Integrity Server. There is way to stop the running processes instead, but I'm not sure how to perform this task. Also I would like to know what makes it less harsh than a restart, since for example the loggs on the server are starting from zero again like when doing a restart.

Thanks!

Stephan 

2 REPLIES 2
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:sknopp)

Hello Stephan Knopp‌,

Could you clarify what you mean by "restarting the Integrity Server"?  Do you mean "restarting the application" (a process running on a host), or do you actually mean "restarting the application's host"?

From a Support point of view, it is very rare for us to request or suggest that you restart a server host.

Restarting the application is as simple as running "mksis stop" from the server's bin directory, or on Windows stopping the Integrity server's service.

From the point of view of the Integrity server, both methods are equally harsh, assuming the application process is set to restart when it's host does.

If I've naively misinterpreted your request, please clarify.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi,

I guess I mean "restarting the application's host" (using the "restart" command). To identify problematic processes I would like to stop single processes to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Stephan

Top Tags