cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

System Requirements for Client

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

System Requirements for Client

Does anyone know what the minimum and recommend system requirements are as far as processor speed, RAM, etc.? Also, is this documented anywhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Also, the link to the KB article I mentioned is not correct and I'm not able to go back and edit it - here's the correct link:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS114908&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=114908&ProductFamily=Integrity&s…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Nolin,

Here are the memory recommendations for our latest version of Integrity Client (version 10.8) - from our Integrity Systems Guidelines documentation:

~
The client operating system and other applications consume system memory: Windows Vista/ Windows 7 can use almost 512 MB of the system memory to implement the operating system. PTC recommends that client machines have at least 2 GB of physical RAM. Additional client memory may be required when using the Document view in the Integrity for Integrity Requirements solution. When determining the available client memory, consider the amount of data that is intended to be displayed in the Document view and how many Document views are to be displayed. Additionally, if multiple documents are viewed simultaneously, then the memory demand scales with the number of open documents. If working with non-trivial requirements documents (containing several thousand items of content), PTC recommends setting the Integrity Client heap to at least 1 GB. The client machine memory should be sized accordingly.
~

Integrity Systems Guidelines for each release can be found on our Documentation Page - search for the release you're interested in, and look for the Integrity Systems Guidelines PDF in the results. We also have this handy knowledgebase article with links to all of the documents for each version - found here!

Hope this helps.

Steve

I realised that this doesn't address your specific questions in terms of processor speed - we do not have any specific requirements for processors.

Steve

Also, the link to the KB article I mentioned is not correct and I'm not able to go back and edit it - here's the correct link:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS114908&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=114908&ProductFamily=Integrity&s…

Top Tags