cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Test Automation Interfaces

hbock
7-Bedrock

Test Automation Interfaces

Hello Community,

I have the task to integrate the PTC Integrity Test Objects with National Instruments NI TestStand. The recommended way of doing this seems to be the MKS/PTC ATEF Adapter. I have the documents around it, I understand the background to a certain extend (my Java knowledge is about 10 Years ago) but I am not sure if that is the right way of doing it. I wonder whether I did not find any hints about such an integration of the two systems, neither in the PTC community nor in the NI community.

My Questions to all:

Who uses the functionality of automated test execution (TestSessions) and putting the test results back to the Integrity Objects?

What solution do you use?

What test system do you use?

Did you succeed with your test automation using the ATEF?

What was your experience?

Looking forward to your answers

Harald

1 REPLY 1

Hallo Harald,

I am attaching for you an ATEF doc that I created some time ago. This should help you to understand ATEF and the way how to implement any new Test connector.

In regards to your questions I can say the following: 

ATEF is intended to run on multipe Test Systems in parallel. ATEF consists of so called Agents (mini Servers), which listen to Test Sessions that are dedicated to them. Once an Agend receives a "to be executed Test Session" it reads the Test Session content, executes the cases (and steps) in it and send - after finishing - the results (and logfiles) back to the Integrity Test Session for tracking.

If you are looking for a fully automated test execution process, then ATEF is the right choice.

Volker

Top Tags