cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Test Objective doesn't display category

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

Test Objective doesn't display category

I would like to have the Category field displayed for ALM_Test Obective items. It is already on the presentation but for some reason doesn't show when you create or edit a test objective. Also, it's not available when I search for it under visible fields. Could someone fill me in on what I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fva's as such are very generic and you can use them for sure for a lot of use cases.

But the Category fva should rather be used for documents and nodes only.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Also, when I go to Visible Fields, Category isn't available as an option.

Hello Nolin,

the category field in Integrity is of type fva (=field value attribute), and is intended to mirror the shared category.

Both fields are important for the document model of Integrity.

As I understand, you like to reuse them for a non-document type.

From my experience I'd say that you choose rather another field, and leave the category dedicated to documents only.

The 'other field' can for sure be a pick list, which you might create as a new field.

Does this answer and help?

Volker

Volker,

I think that does. So you're saying fva's are intended to only be used with segments and nodes?

Thanks,

Nolin

fva's as such are very generic and you can use them for sure for a lot of use cases.

But the Category fva should rather be used for documents and nodes only.

That makes sense. I will make another field for this purpose. Any idea what would prevent the field from showing up though?

Hi Nolin,

some of the Integrity fields are driven by the type and classifcations you choose when setting up the type itself. Those fields usually are the internal fields, which have an internal negative id. You can get them by typing

im fields --fields=id,name

All fields with a negative value are Integrity specific, and serve a certain functionality. Be careful when you use them for a different purpose as they are intended. The category and shared category are among them.

Volker

Ah-ha! That explains it. Thank you for the follow up and explanation!

Top Tags