cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Traceability Function_Downstream Traces_Document level adaption

dremmers
10-Marble

Traceability Function_Downstream Traces_Document level adaption

Hello together,

this is the first input from my site in this forum. So I hope I propose this discussion aceptably:

We are currently struggeling  to adapt our document structure in a way that all downstream traces are correctly shown (Tab "Content" --> Relationships --> Downstream Traces).

The issue is that we use 3 ducuments of the same template with the same level ("Requirement Document"). These 3 created documents share downstream / upstream relationships. But the fuctionality  "Downstream Traces" neglects these 3 as they all are Requirement Documents (of the same level).

Within the AdministrationGuide I wasn´t able to find a resolution and would be glad about help and suggestions.

Thanks and wishes

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daniel,

We do the same thing.

If you use the ALM solution, or similar, you need to make sure that the Downstream Traces view also traverses the Decomposes To" trace. See screenshot below. You can make this part of the ViewSet definition.

There's one caveat though. By default, the trace type that Integrity has selected is, is a peer trace because he doesn't know the difference between up and down when the item types are the same.

There are two options:

• Use a category to indicate up/down. Since you don't know beforehand how many levels you will end up with, this is not preferred.
  • Roll out a usage convention and modify the behavior of the peer trace. Here's what we did:
    • Convention to use the drag&drop from the lower level requirement to the upper level requirement to create a trace.
    • Modified the solution property MKS.RQ.selftrace to use the "decomposed from" trace i.o. "is related to" trace. We don't use peer traces.
      • In the admin client, go to Types > MKS Solution > Properties
      • search for selftrace and Edit
      • modify (part of) the property to <Requirement>:Decomposed From;

Screenshot - 21-09-2016 , 10_31_25.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Daniel,

We do the same thing.

If you use the ALM solution, or similar, you need to make sure that the Downstream Traces view also traverses the Decomposes To" trace. See screenshot below. You can make this part of the ViewSet definition.

There's one caveat though. By default, the trace type that Integrity has selected is, is a peer trace because he doesn't know the difference between up and down when the item types are the same.

There are two options:

• Use a category to indicate up/down. Since you don't know beforehand how many levels you will end up with, this is not preferred.
  • Roll out a usage convention and modify the behavior of the peer trace. Here's what we did:
    • Convention to use the drag&drop from the lower level requirement to the upper level requirement to create a trace.
    • Modified the solution property MKS.RQ.selftrace to use the "decomposed from" trace i.o. "is related to" trace. We don't use peer traces.
      • In the admin client, go to Types > MKS Solution > Properties
      • search for selftrace and Edit
      • modify (part of) the property to <Requirement>:Decomposed From;

Screenshot - 21-09-2016 , 10_31_25.png

Thank you Adriaan for the easy to folllow answer to our issue!

Much appreciated. Hope to return the favor soon.

Daniel

Top Tags