cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to Generate Value which item Contain exponential value - PTC Integrity

afsalva
4-Participant

Unable to Generate Value which item Contain exponential value - PTC Integrity

Hi All,

I want to create custom action handler in the toolbar which generates the URL for the selected Item. I’ve implemented the Jar file for the performance the same. However, if the item does have an exponential value the URL is generated, However, I’m unable to go the specific location clicking the link, its throwing in an error.

http://mksprod.com:7001/si/viewproject?projectName=/AEU/AEUM1/CustomerDev/VW/PR17876%HLOMN%5fDomain%5fSystem/02%5fProject%5fManagement/07%5fP/02%5fEIntrernal/VW%30E³/project.pj

Here the above link the project name has subscript value and that’s the reason the link is breaking. Do we have any API method to overcome such issues or an alternative way that we can implement this?

Thanks

Afsal

1 REPLY 1
ascott
17-Peridot
(To:afsalva)

It sounds like the goal of the action it to generate a WebUI link to a particular project. The user highlights a project and then uses the button to generate the URL which they can send to others?

Assuming my understanding above is correct - are you saying the project name actual contains a exponential value? (And that the generated links don't work because of it) OR are you saying somehow part of the project name gets concerted to exponential value even though none are used?

-Andrew

Top Tags