cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Untouched emailAdvanced.js sending two emails

DanR.
10-Marble

Untouched emailAdvanced.js sending two emails

I'm using the emailAdvanced.js for a custom workflow I am testing. I cannot figure out why this occurs, but when the trigger fires I receive two identical emails instead of one. We are using the emailAdvanced.js for other triggers without this problem.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Daniel,

This might be a shot in the dark, but I faced a similar issue in the past.

In my case, the issue was that the recipient was in multiple parameters (they were part of the group in the Static or Dynamic Group name as well as part of an email distribution list on the static email list). It was a while ago, but I vaguely remember that our Infrastructure Systems team also looked at some setting on the SMTP server which controls if users recieve multiple emails if they are on the To/CC/BCC list from multiple sources.

Could that be the issue here?

Hope that helps,

Matt

Matt,

I am not using the 'Static or Dynamic Group Name' for email. I am using 'Field Names' and I select 'Assigned Group'. The users that receive tha email are in that assigned group. We are using MKS Domain for authenticating users.

Dan

Dan,

Is everyone in the group getting the email twice or just a few users?

Also, is it possible that the trigger is firing twice and each time is sending out a single email? (You can turn up the debug logging to see all the rules being evaluated for the triggers and which triggers fire successfully.)

Matt

I think I fixed it, but this makes no sense why this worked. In the "Parameters" I changed the "From Address" to something else. I have no idea why it works now. I saw no errors in the server.log file.

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanR.)

Hi Daniel,

have checked whether there are some "secondary edit" that might cause the sendmail trigger to run twice.

As changes made by a trigger can lead to other triggers being fired, leading to even further changes being made by triggers , and so on..... it is possible that you created a cascade off events in with 2 time the fire rule for the sendmail trigger is met.

Increase the Loggin and maybe even add some additional Log statements in your trigger code to investigate what is exactly happening.

Maybe even "DynaTrace" can help you in this.

HTH Matthias

Top Tags