cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

View document with filter (via commandline)?

ssaul
15-Moonstone

View document with filter (via commandline)?

Hi,

we would like to offer default document filter options to our users.

This could be done via custom command in the custom toolbar.

I found the CLI command "im viewsegment" that might work for us.

Unfortunately, the filter options (f.e. im viewsegment -g --filterrule=(field[Category]="Document") 4711) are not valid for use via CLI.

Is there another way to get predefined filters / a filtered document (other than manually selecting "show items containing...where")?

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ssaul)

Hello Stephan,

The --filter* options are not going to be helpful, because they are intended for API use.

If your users have access to a recent release of MS Word, you might be able to use the gateway export command, which supports both the --filterQueryDefinition=... and --filterQueryDefinitionFile options. This is detailed in the Gateway User Guide on page 25 (for version 10.5).

I suspect the above is not what you're looking for, in which case my recommendation is to contact PTC Integrity Support to create enhancement request. Please reference this thread to the TSE, so that it can be updated with the RFC number and any other relevant information.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:KaelLizak)

Hi Kael,

yes, that's what we already did.

We are attached to an existing RFC and will see when/if it will be implemented.

Best regards,

Stephan

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:ssaul)

The RFC is

RFC 912924.

Top Tags