cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Viewing what changed when clearing suspect trace

pnewhook
8-Gravel

Viewing what changed when clearing suspect trace

Hey,

Is there a nice way to view what exactly has changed when inspecting and clearing a suspect trace?  The clear suspect dialog shows the current text of the suspect trace only.  I can view the item detail and scroll through the history, but no where in the history does it flag when the suspect flag was set - which means you end up reviewing changes that are historical and nothing to do with the current suspect flag.

Ideally, the dialog or a report could be generated that shows the changes to the item since the suspect flag was raised, maybe a side by side was / is.  

Is it possible to do the above, or is there another way to do what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:pnewhook)

It's not currently possible to see what caused a suspect trace. See CS91976. This is a very good Idea.

By default, if the upstream side of the trace has a significant edit (i.e. the Input Revision Date is changed and a Significant Edit field, such as Text or Category is changed), then the trace will be suspect. If you look in the history for the latest modification including Input Revision Date, you often can find what triggered the suspect flag.

However, the administrator can change this so there are different rules that trigger a suspect flag, so this method is not always going to work. 

Top Tags