cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

While launching Integrity Client- Administration showing the error : Error connecting to ptc-training.ptc.com:7001: The IP address of the host could not be determined.

manpatil
1-Newbie

While launching Integrity Client- Administration showing the error : Error connecting to ptc-training.ptc.com:7001: The IP address of the host could not be determined.

Hi,

Trying to launch Integrity client - Administration . but showing the error as Error connecting to ptc-training.ptc.com:7001: The IP address of the host could not be determined. as shown in ImageIntegrity error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Clear out your host and port information in preferences and reenter it.  I just close the session and start over.  it happens less frequently if you have your login set up to prompt for host / port and user ID / password.

manpatil
1-Newbie
(To:troth)

Can you tell me which values should I provide for Microsoft SQL Server Database as shown belowIntegrityy.jpg

While Installation Integrity Client I have provided values as

Host Name = ptc-training.ptc.com

port = 7001

Manoj,

Are you still in the process of actually trying to install the Integrity server?  This screenshot is from that, so if so, you're not going to be able to connect using the admin client, until all of this is done?  Your SQL Server DBA should be able to provide you the values for the database (or whoever created the SQL server database being used for this).

Oh I see.  This is likely related to the training course stuff.  Perhaps they have something setup already, for your use.  I'll let one of them chime in, if so.

Try this:

Edit the <installdir>config\properties\is.properties file, and set the "mksis.hostname" property to the machine name

Example: mksis.hostname= ptc-training.ptc.com

Set the local DNS

Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\".

Edit the "hosts" file.

Add the following line:

127.0.0.1                 ptc-training.ptc.com

Restart the machine

Top Tags