cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

change links in charts

Bianca
1-Newbie

change links in charts

Hi,

by clicking on a number in a chart (e.g. Open Defects), it opens the corresponding project. When I click the number I don’t want the corresponding project to be shown, but I want to be directed to the open defects.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:Bianca)

Hi Bianca,

I do not know your chart,but I have an idea what might be the problem.

- Charts are some a mix between query and report, the gather a number of items using a query and than process these item for a visual representation. So the items you can reach by a click event in the chart are defined by the query that delivers the items for the chart.

"Open Defects" can be "charted" by at least 2 different approaches.

- A Table/ Pie / or Bar chart that is filled by single Defect items (returned by a open defects query). The chart processes the number of Items in the query result e.g. it groups them by project, meaning it sums up all items of the project. The cumulated number of items is than rendered e.g. in a table chart.

When you click on the number, you'll see the "sub-set" of the initial query result that formed this exact result (e.g. all 43 open defects from project "A").

This is nice if you are interested in individual Defects.

- A trend chart can be used to track the "Open Defect" count for a single project over a period of time, or as I assume in your special case, in comparison between different projects. The basis for this chart is not a query on Defect items but a query on Project (Backing-)Items. Usually there are computed fields in a backing item that contain statistical information, like the "number of open defects", "number of closed defects" and so on. These computations are updated by an automatic schedule.

In a chart, the "values" of these statistics are rendered. The numbers you describe hat might be shown as well are the IDs of the Project's backing items.

HTH Matthias

Top Tags