cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

client doesn't get all information out of it's config file

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

client doesn't get all information out of it's config file

Hi @all,

we have a weird problem right now: If we install a new integrity client at a new windows machine, we're using a command:

mksclient.exe -f mksclient.properties

The file mksclient.properties is holding some settings, which normally should be asked in a dialog window. These settings are the servernames and ports and so on. We're using this way as long as i can remember, maybe starting with MKS 2006. As i understand the installation procedure, the setup routine is filling the IntegrityClientSite.rc in the program-directory, so if the user starts the client for the first time, these settings are already set.

Now we have the problem, that all of these settings are set in the file IntegrityClient.Site.rc, but in the client the port-settings (and only the port-settings) are empty. I dont have any idea why this is the case.The part of the config file looks like this:

# The server (and its port) to which Integrity Clients

# connect by default.

ci.server.hostname;ask=never

ci.server.hostname=<im.servername.tld>

ci.server.port;ask=never

ci.server.port=7043

# The server (and its port) to which Source Clients

# connect by default.

si.server.hostname;ask=never

si.server.hostname=<si.servername.tld>

si.server.port;ask=never

si.server.port=7041

# The server (and its port) to which Clients connect by default.

server.hostname;ask=never

server.hostname=<si.servername.tld>

server.port;ask=never

server.port=7041

Why the client doesnt read the port settings but the hostnames? I tried this at three different machines, it's always the same...

If a user changes the settings in the client, these settings are stored in the file IntegrityClient.rc in the users home-directory. And the client doesnt have any problem to read the ports from there. But we need the initial reading for new users at clean machines...

Thanks, Jens

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags