cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

displaying dynamically updating charts

bcrabtree
2-Guest

displaying dynamically updating charts

As part of our help desk area, we want to display current ticket information charts that update periodically to help the staff see where their (and other) tickets stand. We also want to see which are past SLA, which in SLA Jeopardy by user etc. We have the charts set and and can display them in a browser which we display on a large screen monitor in the help desk area. Each chart is open in its own tab which we cycle through using a browser add-on. The only problem is when the tab reloads (presumably reloading the chart data), it refreshes back to the user's task list. So, instead of getting a fresh chart with new data, we get the current users task list.

This seems like something that would be VERY useful in many cases and I'm betting someone else has set this up or might have a solution.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:bcrabtree)

Hello Bryan,

Unfortunately, refreshing the tab Integrity is on will cycle back to the user's post-login view.  If there was a plug-in which could re-load a pre-determined page every time, you could generate a link to the chart in question and re-load it that way, but the re-load functionality you are talking about won't work that way.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Another possibility might be to run the report on a periodic schedule via URL. An example taken from Article 119067:

http://MyHostname:7001/im/runchart?selection=My%20Chart

Note that spaces and other characters need to be HTML-encoded (%20 = space)

Each time this chart URL gets run, it opens the chart directly. As long as the page update frequency is less than the HTTP timeout, you should only need to provide login credentials the first time the chart is run after a server restart.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Hello Bryan,

I did a little further digging last night, and found there is at least one plug-in which provides the functionality of updating a page repeatedly with a specified URL:  Chrome has a plug-in called "Auto Refresh Plus", which allows one to specify a pre-defined URL to refresh to when loading a page.

I suspect Firefox has something similar, although I didn't get a chance to investigate that last night.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags