cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

eMail notifications

DanR.
10-Marble

eMail notifications

How can I make the email notifications show the link(s) in HTML format, i.e. clickable link?

11 REPLIES 11
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:DanR.)

Hello Daniel,

Is this an item notification, or an email sent by a trigger?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:KaelLizak)

Both.

If you're using emailAdvanced.js, you'll want to use <%ID%> for the ID number. If you want to do a link to an issue in email, you can generate an HTML Anchor using the general form:

<A HREF="http://ptcservername:portnumber/im/viewissue?selection=<%ID%>"><%ID%></A>

and it will generate a link with the item number.

That I already knew. The emailAdvanced.js was easy.

Thank you for your response.

The emailAdvanced.js script works for one item at a time, e.g. one email is sent for each item.. I have scheduled triggers that have queries which have dozens of items and would like them to show in ONE email not dozens of emails..

DanR.
10-Marble

I wonder if the emailAdvanced.js could be modified to send an email of the entire query (e.g. ALL items in the query) , instead of an email for each item in that query. Does that make sense?

DanR.
10-Marble

Anyone??

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hi Daniel,

Certainly, that makes sense!  It's just that it's non-trivial, and it looks like it's not something someone has done before.

Sorry,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
DanR.
10-Marble

Anyone???

DanR.
10-Marble

Anyone?  Please.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Modifying emailAdvanced for this purpose is not practical, it's a massive script.

I have the same problem and I've decided to come up with a report that shows all the items I want to include in one email, then send a simple email with a link to the report. Actually, as I write this, I realize it could simply be a query and bypass the report altogether.

The problem is, I don't have time currently to do it, it's probably going to be a few more weeks before I get to it. When I have it, I can share my solution.

That is, assuming I understand this thread correctly. If you read the initial question, it's impossible to guess it's about the scenario explained in the 5th response.

Top Tags