cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

how do i create a sandbox based off a member label

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

how do i create a sandbox based off a member label

I have a label applied on the project. I want to create a sandbox based on that label. So if a label is not on the tip, I want the sandbox to be created with the version that the label is on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah, that is a bit trickier. Creating based on build project (checkpoint) label is the easiest way to ensure you have members at the given revisions of that time.

The other option you could use is to recursively perform a check-out (with no lock) against all members in the sandbox which match certain criteria (the label). For example:

si co -R --nolock --sandbox=C:\Sandbox\Path\project.pj --cwd=C:\Sandbox\Path\ -r MyLabel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Hector, the --projectRevision flag for the si createsandbox command will accept a label string.

si createsandbox -R --project=/Project1/project.pj --projectRevision=MyLabel C:\SomeFolder\

Hi Joseph,

That option only works on build labels. I get an error saying

*** The project /SCM/AdminScripts/project.pj could not be located on the server localhost:443: MKS125193: The specified

build project revision Prod is invalid or missing.

I want to create a sandbox off a member label. I've applied a label on all the members and I want to create a sandbox off it.

I was correct. That --projectRevision option only works on checkpoint labels. I want to be able to create a sandbox based off labels on the members.

Ah, that is a bit trickier. Creating based on build project (checkpoint) label is the easiest way to ensure you have members at the given revisions of that time.

The other option you could use is to recursively perform a check-out (with no lock) against all members in the sandbox which match certain criteria (the label). For example:

si co -R --nolock --sandbox=C:\Sandbox\Path\project.pj --cwd=C:\Sandbox\Path\ -r MyLabel

great. that works for me. thank you very much.

Hello Joe,

I tried to use this command, but I recieved the following error:

The development path and build projects options are mutually exclusive with new project syntaxes. Specify one or the other, but not both.

Using a label from a build project (checkpoint). Do you have any idea why is not working?

I'm using IntegrityClient 10.5

Ana

Ok, I've figured it out! I was using the Configuration Path, with the Project Name worked.

Top Tags