cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

merge question

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

merge question

I have a merge script that automatically merges changes to a target branch. For some reason, when it tries to merge a sql file, it checks it in as UTF-8 format. How do I change my script to automatically save the merged file in ANSI format ?

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:hmagnanao)

Hello Hector,

Is the format of the revision in your sandbox ANSI or UTF-8?

From the --guiCharacterEncoding=value option for si diff in the Integrity 10.6 CLI Reference for Configuration Management, by default, the character set in the preferences matches the default character set provided by the client's operating system, and the encoding preferences for each view and command can be set in the client. For instance, if you go to the client menu to Client --> Preferences, and then in the Preferences Configuration window's left pane drill down to Configuration Management --> Commands --> Merge, in the right pane you will see a drop-down for Character encoding.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Kael

Message was edited by Michael Lizak: Corrected typographical errors, formatting, and title. Added a hyperlink to the title.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Also, keep in mind ANSI == Windows-1252.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

i looked at the character encoding and it is set to Windows-1252. It looks like it's only happening to one file. Is there a way I encode it in the script just for this particular file ?

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:hmagnanao)

After reading the Integrity 10.6 CLI Reference for Configuration Management, I would try si merge --guiCharacterEncoding="Windows-1252" MemberToMerge

You can look up the si merge command in Integrity 10.6 CLI Reference for Configuration Management for more details on its use in your particular situation. Note: it will overwrite the working file in your sandbox with the results of the merge, which is normal and expected behavior.

Regards,

-Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags