cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

si viewsandbox command - Not all files get retrieved

ssommer
1-Newbie

si viewsandbox command - Not all files get retrieved

Hello,

I wrote a visual basic script to extract information about all files in a project (and its subprojects). The filenames and their metainformation are stored in the extract.txt file.

Afterwards the script parses this textfile and writes the retrieved information into several excel sheets (the file gets overwritten for each subproject). The problem is, that the number of files retrieved varies very much sometimes. If e.g. the number of files in a subproject is 3000, sometimes even only 1 file (the project file itself) is retrieved. To get information about all files for all subprojects (in my case 6) I have to run the script 5+ times and still need to have plenty of luck.

After a little debugging I discovered that the problem probably comes from the <si viewsandbox> command itself. The extract.txt file, in which the full output of the <si viewsandbox> command is piped, contains the same (wrong) number of filenames/information that is parsed into the excel sheet, the transfer between the textfile and excelsheet works flawlessly.

Does MKS/Integrity not have a safety mechanism to ensure the full & correct data transfer for <si viewsandbox> ? Can i take additional steps to ensure that all files of the project/subprojects get retrieved ?

I use the following command to access the database:

si viewsandbox --sandbox=C:\Path\to\Project\Projectname.pj --fields=name,membertimestamp,memberrev,workingrev,locked,frozen --recurse > C:\Temp\extract.txt

Regards,

Stefan Sommer

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags