cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

why xml is treated as a binary in Integrity 10.5

pyamamoto
1-Newbie

why xml is treated as a binary in Integrity 10.5

hello, I have xml files that want to upload to our PTC Integrity Source server 10.5

I noticed when I choose Data Type to "Auto" (default), then the file is sucessfully loaded, but as binary, and I miss the PTC integrity keywords expanded there.

when I try to use "Text",  then  I got the error message as attached

ScreenShot2057.png

I don't understand why, because file is valid xml , and can be opened by any text editor and browser.

see a sample small XML file attached.

just in case, this is version we are using here

ScreenShot2058.png

Thanks for any help in advance,

Regards,

Pablo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The reason this XML file is identified as Binary is because there is a single line of text longer than 16k characters.

See Article 84232 for details.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:pyamamoto)

I use v10.4 and have no problems with xml files.

I had a quick look at the file you enclosed and it does seem to contain binary data.

Do you have a smaller, simpler, pure text file you could test with?

If this file is generated by another application, you may want to add a true text-xml file first with the same name to force Integrity to register it as text, then check-in the real file and see what happens.

The reason this XML file is identified as Binary is because there is a single line of text longer than 16k characters.

See Article 84232 for details.

Top Tags