cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Analysis of usage of Projects (Every hints are helpful)

khoppe
14-Alexandrite

Analysis of usage of Projects (Every hints are helpful)

In our company started discussions of Creating Location-sided Main Server.
Combined with that also Projects shall be shifted from one server onto another.

This requires some pre-work like checking: Who is Main user Group of one Project Area?

Now my question:

Does anybody see a chance to analyse:

• Who (User and/or Group) is accessing and using a Source Subproject?
  • How many data are downloaded from them  (no. of Files, maybe combined size) => Sync ?
  • How many data are uploaded from them  (no. of Files, maybe combined size) => Check In ?

I will be thankfull for every hint, no matter whether they will tell me that it is might impossible for a certain reason,

OR  analysis could be done only on another level like ACL Logging or something else.

Thank you to all.

Best Regards,

Klaus Hoppe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:khoppe)

You can track uploads with audit logging on the check in command.  Download is much harder.  The audit logging doesn't record a resync and doesn't record a check out unless it's locked.  I can't find any way to see who is actively accessing a Source subproject. You can see who has access (in the ACLs) and specific operations can be tracked with audit logging (ci, move, rename, drop, co locked, etc),  but if someone just creates a sandbox, I don't think you can track this. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:khoppe)

You can track uploads with audit logging on the check in command.  Download is much harder.  The audit logging doesn't record a resync and doesn't record a check out unless it's locked.  I can't find any way to see who is actively accessing a Source subproject. You can see who has access (in the ACLs) and specific operations can be tracked with audit logging (ci, move, rename, drop, co locked, etc),  but if someone just creates a sandbox, I don't think you can track this. 

khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:awalsh)

Hello,

you are mainly right with several of your hints.
I have to acknowledge that I haven't thought about Audit logging before.

I now checked available Options that can be set, and found inside of the Server's Online Help all possible Values that can be Chosen (Keywords to search for: "Audit Log Filter Options").

And you are right  "Reading data from a Project"  == FetchRevision  is not listed there.
But there are some others available.
Thanks for hint, but I'm still interested whether anabody else make some Analysis caring about "Reading Member" as well.

Best Regards,

Klaus

Top Tags