cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Any thoughts about PTC Forum Europe 2017 in Stuttgart regarding Integrity?

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Any thoughts about PTC Forum Europe 2017 in Stuttgart regarding Integrity?

Hi all,

just came back from Stuttgart from the PTC Forum and wondered how others perceived this event regarding Integrity. For me it was very interesting (to say not shocking) to see how small the event became and how little there was to see about Integrity.

It was already very clear in the last few years that IOT and PLM had the main focus, but this time there was nothing left to Integrity. Could it be believed that integrity may no longer be so important? Of course, direct conversations always try to refute this impression, but I am sceptical...

kind regards, Jens

4 REPLIES 4
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:JensN.)

Hi Jens,

I only followed the forum online, as the agenda already implied the focus on other stuff than integrity.

The only 2 Breakout sessiony I saw that were kinda related top integrity was the "Connected Systemss/Digital Product Traceability" session from Hedley Apperly and the "PLM/ALM Roadmap" from Francois Lamy (that included exactly ONE slide about Integrity which was about the release Highlight of 11.2).

It feels at least a bit wired to be ignored that drastically. 

On the other hand, the e.g. the Modeller wasn't on the table as well.

All focus on AR, PLM and IoT / ThinkWorx. 

SAD

cbraeuchle
6-Contributor
(To:mrump)

Although there was coverage in some breakout sessions, Integrity was somewhat under-represented at this event. This will change when Version 12.0 with the new web-based User Interface will be released. The importance of embedded and connected software in innovative products is undisputed at PTC. Kathleen Mitfords keynote pointed that out a few times.

With the major work that is currently going on in Integrity development, we will see it more "on stage" at these larger events. In the PTC User Group event for Integrity the day after PTC Forum we had good and informed discussions - I know that this is different from such a strategic product being showcased at the main event - but Integrity is very much alive and significant innovation results will be visible next year.

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:cbraeuchle)

Hello Mr. Bräuchle,

as we have talked about in several discussions, I hope that your assessment will be fulfilled. At the moment, we are also investing a lot of money in the modernization and restructuring of our tool chain, from which integrity has been a central element up to now. And voices are constantly being raised that would prefer other tools, so we will soon need clear arguments that we are sticking with Integrity. We also need proof that our confidence in PTC is not a bad investment.

Kind regards, Jens Nixdorf

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:mrump)

Hi Matthias,

yes, the modeler was no more present than Integrity LM on the forum. The next day at the usergroup meeting in Sindelfingen, Headley Applerly (I hope I write his name correctly) presented the modeler's roadmap.

But this event also had considerably fewer guests than the previous year. This also seems to show that the interest in integrity is decreasing (on both sides?).

cheers, Jens

Top Tags