cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Are there actual or practical limits for items, types, projects, archives and labels?

ptc-5708445
1-Newbie

Are there actual or practical limits for items, types, projects, archives and labels?

In evaluating the PTC Integrity tool, we are concerned with the volume of that can the tool can handle that is not particularly limited by bandwidth or server capacity, but regarding practical usage or implementation limits. Are there limits on the number of items/types, projects, archives, labels, checkpoints...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5708445)

Hi Stephen,

here my (no professional) knowledge (gathered over years of contact to PTC support):

IMHO it's all more or less related to the underlying DB system.

the number of

• items - limited by the max ID in the underlying db
  • types - unknown limit, but from practical experience you won't need more than some 100 anyway
  • projects - unknown limit, but from practical experience some thousands work fine
  • archives - unknown limit, but from practical experience some hundred thousands work
  • labels - unknown limit, but from practical experience you should not use more that 1000 per item/member as it effects performance
  • checkpoints - checkpoint ID limited to 72 characters (where the dots count a s well ) e.g. "1.23.45.6.7.8.9" is 15 characters

I'm not shure whether there are any "fixed" limits, please ask PTC support for more details.

HTH

Matthias

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5708445)

Hi Stephen,

here my (no professional) knowledge (gathered over years of contact to PTC support):

IMHO it's all more or less related to the underlying DB system.

the number of

• items - limited by the max ID in the underlying db
  • types - unknown limit, but from practical experience you won't need more than some 100 anyway
  • projects - unknown limit, but from practical experience some thousands work fine
  • archives - unknown limit, but from practical experience some hundred thousands work
  • labels - unknown limit, but from practical experience you should not use more that 1000 per item/member as it effects performance
  • checkpoints - checkpoint ID limited to 72 characters (where the dots count a s well ) e.g. "1.23.45.6.7.8.9" is 15 characters

I'm not shure whether there are any "fixed" limits, please ask PTC support for more details.

HTH

Matthias

Top Tags