cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

CLI for different items creation and update

tzili
5-Regular Member

CLI for different items creation and update

Hello everyone,

I am trying to automate the regression testing in my department using Python and Jenkins. All the test related items and environment specific files are kept in Integrity.

Long story short. The framework will need to be able to create all sorts of Integrity items whenever failures are detected during the testing cycle. This is to keep track of the activity performed for the root cause analysis involved. 

Unfortunately, Google wasn't very helpful so here are my questions:

1. What would be the CLI command for creating an ALM_Open Point. Will such a command enable me to fill in all the required fields for this Open Point? If no, what would be the other commands involved?

2. Same for ALM_Build

3. Same for ALM_Delivery

4. Same for ALM_Task

5. Same for ALM_Action

6. Same for ALM_Change Request

7. What would be the CLI command for getting the project history? Here I'm interested in getting a list of all check points for a specific project.

8. What would be the CLI command for making a comparison between two checkpoints? Here I'm interested in getting the list of files that are different between the two check points.

Is there a document available to describe all the available command for automating Integrity interaction?

That's all people. For now. Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:tzili)

The command for creating a new item is im createissue --type="item type" --field="fieldname1"="fieldvalue1" --field="fieldname2"=fieldvalue2"

where item type is the type of the item to create, fieldname1, fieldname2 are fields to populate and fieldvalue1, fieldvalue2 are the values for the fields. The --field option can be given as many times as necessary. For example:

im createissue --type="Change Request" --field=State=Unallocated --field=Summary="Please change something" --field=Domain=Input --field=Project="/Projects/Hardware" --field=Description="Here is the description of the something to change"

The command for viewing project history is si viewprojecthistory -Pproject where project is the project path.

The command for viewing project differences is si mods -Pproject -r checkpoint1 -r checkpoint2

where project is the project path and checkpoint1 and checkpoint2 are the checkpoints to compare. You can give a checkpoint number or a label for the -r options

More information on the commands can be found in the man pages, which are in the Online Help in the CLI Reference section. You can also view the man pages from the CLI by running "man prefix_command" e.g. "man im_createissue".

Here are the direct links for the 11.2 man pages:

im createissue man page

si viewprojecthistory man page

si mods man page

tzili
5-Regular Member
(To:awalsh)

Thank you so much awalsh. Looks pretty straight forward. I will give it a try today and if everything goes fine, I will put together a nice Python wrapper to these commands.

tzili
5-Regular Member
(To:awalsh)

I am trying to create an ALM_Open Issue. The command seems to be working fine but for some reason, whenever I try to provide the 'Description', it complains.

The message I'm getting is: *** Could not save item: MKS124066: Field "Description" does not exist.

If I do not provide the filed at all, I'm getting:

Could not save item: MKS124147: The following fields which are mandatory in he state ALM_Initiated have not been filled in: Description

The exact command given is:

im createissue --type="ALM_Open Point" --field=State=ALM_Initiated --field=Summary="test" --field=Description="test" --field=Project=<some project>

Any idea why is this happening?

I even tried the im viewissue command for a certain ALM_Open Point. The response I'm getting indicates that there is a Description filed there.

awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:tzili)

The createissue (and editissue) command needs the field name, rather than the display name. The output you see from im viewissue shows the display name. If you are using the ALM_ prefix, then the Description field likely has the name ALM_Description. You can check this in the admin GUI, or by trying "im viewfield ALM_Description"

Try:

im createissue --type="ALM_Open Point" --field=State=ALM_Initiated --field=Summary="test" --field=ALM_Description="test" --field=Project=<some project>

Top Tags