cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

CLI to view all the Projects

pnone
4-Participant

CLI to view all the Projects

Hello Support,

In the Integrity Client there is "View Projects" menu to see all the Projects in Projects View GUI.

What is the corresponding CLI for listing all the Projects?

Thank you.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
pnone
4-Participant
(To:pnone)

Hello Support,

I found the command.

It is "si projects"

Thank you.

pnone
4-Participant

Hello Support,

"si projects" command displays all the projects available on the Server or only the projects for which currently logged in user has permission?

Which one?

If it is based on Permission, then what is the permission name?

Thank you.

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Hi Pashan,

"si projects" from the CLI, is just like when you list the projects from within the GUI - it will list all the projects registered to the currently connected server.

The presentation of this list of projects, can be controlled by the si.default.filterTopLevelProjects property (configurable from the si.properties file, for the Integrity server).

By default, it will list all projects.

But you can also change it, so that it will only present a list of projects that the current user has "OpenProject" permissions for.

ex (from si.properties).

#

# Should the "OpenProject" permission be used to filter the registered project

# list before it is displayed to the client?

# (for the main server)

# si.default.filterTopLevelProjects=false

#

# (for an FSA server)

# si.<serveralias>.filterTopLevelProjects=false

One could change it to be true.

pnone
4-Participant
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hello Michael,

How does the system define si.default.filterTopLevelProjects  for various projects?

Assuming I don't change anything in the Server from present status, I see multiple subprojects also but not all.

So, according to you only TopLevelProjects are displayed with "si projects" command.

Question is what is the definition of TopLevelProjects from the view point of "si projects" command?

Any information will be helpful for my understanding.

Thank you.

Regards

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

It's an overall, general property - not specific to any particular projects. 

It either allows people to see the list of registered projects on the server, including ones they don't have "OpenProject" permission to, or not. 

pnone
4-Participant
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hello Michael,

Can you please tell me CLI command to view the Project Information for a particular Project which will show the OpenProject Permission as well as TopLevelProject property value.

Thank you.

Regards

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Hi Pashan,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking now.  It might be good to open a Support Case, if you have further questions.

The 3 things you mention here, are distinct, and wouldn't be output from the same CLI command.

Top Tags