cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can't create traces from requirements of a current document to requirements of a baselined document

fantony
1-Newbie

Can't create traces from requirements of a current document to requirements of a baselined document

Hello,

I use Integrity 10.4 and I would create traces between a current document and another that is already baselined.

Is is possible to do that?

If no, how do you manage the fact that it is better to trace to a baseline document (because nobody is modifying it), and the person who has baselined his document can continue to work on the next document version?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:fantony)

Hello Frederic,

My initial investigation suggests that is not possible with the "out-of-the-box" ALM solution configuration. It could certainly be hacked with certain fields becoming editable, but I suspect that is not your goal here.

Because every trace relationship has a suspect flag on it, when one end of the trace is modified, the other end is marked suspect, requiring a review of the related item in the trace to confirm a change has not occured, or to make the required change to the unchanged item.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:fantony)

Hello Frederic,

My initial investigation suggests that is not possible with the "out-of-the-box" ALM solution configuration. It could certainly be hacked with certain fields becoming editable, but I suspect that is not your goal here.

Because every trace relationship has a suspect flag on it, when one end of the trace is modified, the other end is marked suspect, requiring a review of the related item in the trace to confirm a change has not occured, or to make the required change to the unchanged item.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags