cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Create chart from Workflow and Document items, group by creation date (without time)

amatei
12-Amethyst

Create chart from Workflow and Document items, group by creation date (without time)

Hello,

- I would like to create a chart from some Workflow and Document items

- We use Open Issues, Change Requests, Risk Issues, etc. Each item has a creation date and time

- I create a simple query filtering these items by  a text field named "Rubric" .

Please see the attached image.

Then I would like to  create a chart:

- on the x-axis of the chart I would like the item creation date (of course without time )

- on the y-axis is the count, i.e. the number of items created in that date, again of course without time

I tried the Distribution, Item Fields and Item Fields Trend  types of chart which accept a query, but I didn't succeed.

Please help, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:amatei)
AnitaD
4-Participant
(To:amatei)

Hello Amatei,

We're still using v 10.  No, I am sorry to say, cannot chart by date period (day, week, month, etc.).  I have created a request (cannot remember PTC's word for it) years ago; over the past year, I even faxed an appeal to Integrity executives to provide a solution for what, IMHO, is very high priority need.  No response. 

Integrity has some cool OOB functionality with regard to Workflows and Documents "reporting objects" ...  unfortunately, it doesn't include this BASIC charting capability.

I have developed a work around for charting item counts created during "last 7 days" by "day" that works.  If you want the solution, just reply to this post.

Isn't v 12 being released soon?  Maybe.... maybe...

amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:AnitaD)

Hi,

> If you want the solution, just reply to this post.

Sure, please explain the details.

Top Tags