cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Get associated sandbox from a subproject within a SUBSTituted drive

gschwarz
3-Visitor

Get associated sandbox from a subproject within a SUBSTituted drive

Due to path length issues we have a substituted drive - subst of Microsoft Windows command line - for building our SW. Now I have to extract some information from PTC Integrity for the source files during the build. But as the substituted drive is no sandbox within PTC Integrity I cannot use the si command directly on the file on the build drive.

Is there a way to identify the associated sandbox, e.g. via the pj-file? I'd like to use an si CLI command and avoid external commands to identify the containing sandbox - like extracting the directory from the subst information - as this would be "guessing" and the subproject of PTC Integrity should "know" in which sandbox it was synchronized in.

The reason why I'd like not to use external commands is because ther is no guarantee that the subst was made from the sandbox known to PTC Integrity, the subst could also be issued on an already substituted drive. Here's an example to show it more clearly.

(1) Sandbox folder location - each user has its individual sandbox location:
C:\Documents and Settings\mylogin\My Documents\sandbox\project01

(2) Sandbox subst - avoid blanks in path names:
subst S: "C:\Documents and Settings\mylogin\My Documents\sandbox"

(3) Sandbox in PTC Integrity:
S:\project01

(4a) Subst for build - PTC Integrity Sandbox:
subst Z: S:\project01\Software\MainCPU\Implementation

(4b) Subst for build - Directory Location (THIS CAN CAUSE A PROBLEM!!!):
subst Z: "C:\Documents and Settings\mylogin\My Documents\sandbox\project01\Software\MainCPU\Implementation"

This example shows, that when obtaining the substitution information in case (4b) the si command would not work, as "C:\Documents and Settings\...\Implementation" is not known to PTC Integrity as a sandbox location.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags