cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How export tables from Publisher export to Excel?

jklostermann
5-Regular Member

How export tables from Publisher export to Excel?

Hello,

I try to get some data out of my Modeler SysML model in an Excel sheet. The data is located in tags of specific stereotypes.

As shown in How-to-create-table-with-stereotype-tag-data-from-model-elements I  found a way via Publisher to get this data into a web browser table.

As I tried the Internet Explorer feature right-click > Export to Excel, it just did not work. A look into the source code of this page explained why: It is fully javascript created. The table only exists in the DOM, not as an HTML file.

(By the way: If you do the same with web browser tables created from DataDictionaryTables from within Modeler, the result is a proper HTML table (as you can see with "View Sourcecode") and the "Export to Excel" works fine. Unfortunately I did not find a way to get my stereotype tag data into a DataDictionaryTable yet -> see link above.)

Does anybody know a path to get this Publisher-created table into Excel (preferably automatable)?

Thanks for your efforts

Jan

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags