cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to create a report containing Test Cases, Test Steps and Verdict?

NilsN
6-Contributor

How to create a report containing Test Cases, Test Steps and Verdict?

Hi,

I am trying to create a report containing Test Cases, Test Steps and the Verdict, all belonging to a single Test Session. The standard PTC article only gives examples on how to create this report without the Test Steps, and the report they refer to is only editable in HTML. How can I add test steps when there are no field to select the steps?

Anyone has some experience with this?

Regards, Nils

11 REPLIES 11

Hello Nils,

if I am not mistaken there is a good chance to get also the steps + results into an html export.

But nevertheless, I created already some years ago a backpack for the Gateway, to get directly a Word/PDF file for individual Test Sessions with results. (see attachment)

It requires a local configuration incl. an additional java class.

Let me know if you are interested, then I can send you further details.

Volker

NilsN
6-Contributor
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your reply! Something like the example you've attached would indeed be what I am looking for.

If you could share some more details with me that would be great!

Regards, Nils

Hi Volker,

Greetings from my side.

This is also a requirement from one of our Customer and i have created HTML Reports showing complete Details about Test Session including Metrics and all and with all the Test cases with Verdict and Related Defects if any.

And then through JQery i have given option to export in PDF and Excel as well.

But if you can share i will definitely like to see your Direct PDF Export.

Regards,

Kapil

BaluS
7-Bedrock
(To:kjain-2)

Hi Kapil,

I am creating a similar Test Session report in HTML, and running into issues where Test Steps are not being shown for a few reports (test cases are shown). You haven't mentioned it, but does your report include Test Steps? Would you be able to share a scrubbed version of your report and the JQuery option to export to PDF and Excel?

Thank you,

Balu

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:BaluS)

Yes @BaluS, I already created the Test Session Report where i am extracting Test Steps Details also and later we can export all report data into PDF or Excel Format.

Kapil

kgonzalez
4-Participant
(To:kjain-2)

Hi, I would like to know if you can please share how you developed the report that shows the Test Case, Test steps and verdicts.  Thank you!

BaluS
7-Bedrock
(To:kgonzalez)

Hi kgonzalez,

Please see attached template that I used. Note that Test Steps will NOT show if there are NO Verdicts at the Test Step level.

You can tweak this template to make it a recipe, but you will lose some customization (like column names).

To create a report, run a CLI command

im createreport --query="Item Based Report Selection" --hostname=xxxx --port=7001 --user=yyyy --reportTemplateFile=Scrubbed_TemplateFile.html --name="My_Report_Name"

In the template, you can also use the "walktestsession" tag, found in some recipes (Test Session Detail, TestObjectiveTable, etc), but I ran into some issues (I forget what!) and hence used "testresult" and teststep" tags.

Let me know how it goes.

Balu

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

Hi @BaluS,

I suggest creating Report Recipe is better option here for best user interface , customization , visiblity to end user etc. what you say ?

SK_10006408
4-Participant

Hi ,

Is there any other way to display test steps results in test session report even if there is no verdict

Hi K.

Are you looking for the Word (Gateway) or the HTML output version?

Hi, this report looks great.  Is it possible for you to share the configuration associated to this?  This might aid some of us.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Top Tags