cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to get the author of drop operations in CLI?

chariuc
6-Contributor

How to get the author of drop operations in CLI?

Hello,

We need to find the author of drop member operations using CLI.

We tried to use "si mods" but the result shows the members and I get the CPs but I cannot match the dropped member with the CP used for the drop operation on that member.

>si mods --fields=change,name --showMemberChanges --showAttrChanges --showChangePackages --project=/xxx/yyy/project.pj --yes

We also tried:

>si viewsandbox --includeDropped --sandbox=d:\test_xxx\project.pj

But the result does not show me the author.

Any hints on this?

Thank you

Cristina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tketz
4-Participant
(To:chariuc)

Hello Cristina,

we have the same problem an i have found a way to find out the user who dropped the member:

From GUI:

Use "ChangePackage"->"Find"

Member type=member

Project=yourProject

Member=membername

Entry type=drop

Here you can find the ChangePackage which was used for the Drop-Command and also the user who created/used the ChangePackage.

From CMD:

si viewcps --filter=member:"membername" --filter=type:drop --filter=project:"yourprojectpath" --filter=membertype:member

This way works...but it would be nice if there is a more easier way to get the information for dropped members/subprojects.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tketz
4-Participant
(To:chariuc)

Hello Cristina,

we have the same problem an i have found a way to find out the user who dropped the member:

From GUI:

Use "ChangePackage"->"Find"

Member type=member

Project=yourProject

Member=membername

Entry type=drop

Here you can find the ChangePackage which was used for the Drop-Command and also the user who created/used the ChangePackage.

From CMD:

si viewcps --filter=member:"membername" --filter=type:drop --filter=project:"yourprojectpath" --filter=membertype:member

This way works...but it would be nice if there is a more easier way to get the information for dropped members/subprojects.

chariuc
6-Contributor
(To:tketz)

Hello Tobias,

This is what I needed, the CLI command 🙂

Thanks very much for it.

You are right, it should be an easier way to get these information. But I don't think PTC will make this case a priority 😞

Thank you again for your help.

Cristina

Top Tags